My Northeast client is looking for a Credit Officer with previous Bunkering experience to sit in either Greenwich, CT or New York City, NY. They are looking to hire ASAP.
The role will be accountable for the management of the credit risk for the bunkering business. Specifically this will include:
Qualifications & Competences:
- Evaluating credit and sales data within the Shipping industry to optimize and where appropriate take on risk.
- Applying quantitative skills to optimize use of credit lines and maximize returns on risk.
- Managing a large portfolio of shipping clients and allocating credit risk in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Responsibility for the credit assessments for these counterparties and assigning the credit risk to each name.
- Managing the credit insurance risk for this portfolio.
- Implementation of the Group Credit Policy and Operating Procedures.
- Due diligence visits to counterparties, terminals, and port facilities as required.
- Develop and manage relationships with key counterparties.
- Proactive support of trading desks for each transaction including negotiation of credit clauses and risk appetite.
- Interact directly with Sales team members to facilitate client setup and trade approval.
- Monitor and report on the credit risk within the portfolio to ensure that it's properly secured and within approved limits, intervening if appropriate.
- Act as part of key deal teams for structuring transactions.
- Act as a key member of the global credit team and Credit Committee.
- CFA or equivalent strong knowledge of financial accounting and corporate finance.
- Over 5 years experience in finance and/or credit departments .
- Experience in commodities, oil or bunker trading industry preferred.
- Knowledge in shipping industry: asset classes, freight dynamics, S&P markets, industry players.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with our internal and external counterparties.
- Ability make reasoned risk decisions.
- Understanding of debt and capital markets.
- Strong communication skills.
- Track record of managing a Credit portfolio.
- Significant experience in credit analysis including evaluating leverage, coverage, debt covenants, liquidity, balance sheet solvency, and financial modeling.
- Experience in capital structure analysis.
- Valuation analysis: asset and cash blow based.
- Ability to work independently and able to meet tight deadlines and overcome barriers to bring negotiations to conclusion.
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Able to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Understands customer needs and able to respond effectively.
- Ability to analyze data to determine credit and sales trends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com