My Northeast client is looking for a Credit Analyst to sit in either Greenwich, CT or New York City, NY. They are looking to hire ASAP.
The role will be accountable for the management of the credit risk. Specifically this will include:
Qualifications & Competences:
- Evaluating opportunities within the portfolio
- Applying quantitative skills to optimize use of credit lines and maximize returns on risk
- Managing a large portfolio allocating credit risk in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Responsibility for the credit reviews for these counterparties.
- Managing the credit insurance risk for this portfolio
- Implementation of the Group Credit Policy and Operating Procedures.
- Due diligence visits to counterparties, terminals, and port facilities as required
- Develop and manage relationships with key counterparties.
- Proactive support of trading desks for each transaction including negotiation of credit clauses and risk appetite.
- Interact directly with traders to facilitate client setup and trade approval
- Monitor and report on the credit risk within the portfolio to ensure that it's properly secured and within approved limits, intervening if appropriate.
- Act as part of key deal teams for structuring transactions
- Act as a key member of the global credit team and Credit Committee.
- Over 3 years experiences in finance and/or credit department in commodities (preferable or Banking)
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external counterparties
- Ability make reasoned risk decisions.
- Strong communication skills
- Track record of managing a Credit portfolio
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to work independently and able to meet tight deadlines and overcome barriers to bring negotiations to conclusion
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Able to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
- Understands customer needs and able to respond effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org