Date Posted: 11/2/2021Apply Now
We are in search of a Junior Accountant in the New Haven, CT area to perform multiple duties including processing daily sales data from company operated stores and commission agents, managing daily paperwork, supporting our operational team, and reconciling monthly reports.
This position will be under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor. Essential Job Function Duties & Responsibilities:
* Daily monitoring of Commission Agent paperwork and entries in system or daily monitoring of Company Operated paperwork.
* Logging of paperwork daily , emailed or faxed by Commission Agents or mailed by Company Operated locations.
* Daily DRSA review to ensure paperwork submissions by all locations.
* Perform weekly audits of locations to validate accuracy of paperwork entries.
* Manually enter daily for certain Commission Agent sites that are unable to enter their own paperwork.
* Initial review of Company Operated cash over/shorts, including escalation for clarification of variances.
* Complete weekly fuel review reports and research any fuel issues. Review bi-monthly sales and stick reading reports for issues.
* Reconcile weekly reports including, but not limited to, gift cards, phone cards, and money orders.
* Complete the draft process for company 300 & 400 Commission Agents.
* Communicate and collaborate with the Operations team including Territory Managers, Store Managers, and Commission Agents.
* Follow the escalation process to retrieve missing paperwork or address issues with stores.
* Complete month end reconciliations including, but not limited to, credit card reports, loyalty reports, general ledger reconciliations, coupons, and university cards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Retail Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.