Date Posted: 10/13/2021Apply Now
NEED NOT APPLY IF NOT IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA - in office role*
Position Responsibilities: Area Responsibilities Approx. % of Time
Payroll Processing, Administration & Support
Consistently and accurately processes payroll for 1,400+ employees, abiding by internal controls and timelines.
* Prepares, reviews and validates timesheets to ensure wages and time off are properly distributed, promptly following up on discrepancies with Human Resources and/or team members as needed.
* Loads import files and/or manually enters pay changes (such as bonuses, commissions, special pay, etc.) for all companies/entities and audits output to ensure accuracy.
* Accurately calculates and enters all wage assignments, garnishments and levies.
* Researches, analyzes and resolves other payroll processing discrepancies promptly, reporting to the Payroll Manager as needed.
* Calculates and prepares manual checks and ensures timely mailing to team members.
* Balances, reconciles and audits payroll prior to transmission and validates post-transmission reports.
* Finalizes, compiles and provides Human Resources and Accounting with pre- and post-payroll transmission reporting in a timely manner.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of payroll processing tasks; payroll preparation, transmission and auditing; development and maintenance of related reports and spreadsheets; and responding to inquires related to payroll, processes and procedures. This position supports all team members as well as Human Resources, Accounting, other support functions and management as is needed or assigned.
Regularly provides support to the business when it comes to payroll-related topics or issues.
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the department and company.
* Explains payroll and Time & Attendance policies and procedures.
* Researches and responds to all pay-related inquiries from team members, management, other support functions and vendors, providing timely resolution of any issues.
Demonstrates the professional competency, knowledge and skill necessary to effectively complete job duties and responsibilities, and maintains a high level of integrity at all times.
* Has knowledge of proper calculation and taxation of employer-paid benefits and wages.
* Remains in compliance with all legal and institutional policies and practices.
* Demonstrates respect for employee privacy and confidentiality, reporting anything illegal or unethical to management promptly.
* Seizes opportunities to enhance job knowledge and abilities, and takes personal responsibility for professional development and training.
Performs ongoing administrative and analytical duties and tasks
* Utilizes report-writing skills to develop ad hoc and frequent payroll, financial and operational reports.
* Maintains and periodically audits employee payroll files and records in FileNet, including documents pertaining to team member earnings, deductions and tax withholdings.
* Creates and maintains documentation of payroll processes and procedures, recommending any changes and improvements.
Performs additional duties as requested or assigned, such as assistance on various payroll projects and month- or year-end activities.
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate's degree or higher is preferred.
* At least 5 years of prior payroll processing experience across multiple states is required.
* Prior experience using UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) is required.
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is preferred.
Other Required Attributes & Skills:
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong proclivity for customer service and attention to detail
* Strong mathematical skills to calculate payments and deductions
* Effective analytical and problem-so
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Payroll Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.