Date Posted: 10/13/2021Apply Now
Our client in Woburn, Ma a rapidly growing manufacturing technology company is looking for a staff accountant in their Woburn office. This is a new role and will be the only Staff Accountant on site. This individual will work closely with the headquarters in the U.K. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of duties including preparing financial information, running reports, and maintaining G/L according to GAAP Principles. This position is M-F on site in the Woburn, Ma location.
Major Responsibilities / Duties:
· Maintain the general ledger accounting system and reports according to IFRS.
· Report month-end financial information and other accounting related activity.
· Responsible for banking activity as directed by management.
· Assists other departments in development of reporting tools.
· Support operations staff with the inventory physical stock count.
· Prioritize work, including routine and special projects.
· Assist external advisors with tax compliance requirements.
· Assist with interim and year-end audit process.
· Responsible for auditing expense reports to supplied receipts for compliance with terms and procedures
· Responsible for aspects of inventory management & project costing functions including inventory reconciliation, cost of goods sold recognition, and reporting.
· Responsible for the daily aspects of accounts receivable function including resolving disputes; collecting payments; filing; and keeping AR within terms and procedures
· Review and manage AP activities (invoice journals, check runs and vendor reconciliations) with assistance from the administrative assistant.
· Requires a Bachelor's degree in a suitable Finance, Accounting, or Business major preferred, or equivalent.
· Demonstrated skills in accounting/finance; at least 3 years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong computer skill and proficiency, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite
· Prior ERP system knowledge and application; Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
· Strong communication, teamwork, adaptability, and collaboration skills
· Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, exercise sound judgment, problem analysis and problem solving
· Fluency in Spanish a real plus
· Ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, plan, organize, and execute with excellence
· Proven history of accomplishment in the servicing of internal and external customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.