Date Posted: 10/13/2021Apply Now
Manufacturing client in Fontana is seeking a staff accountant to join their team!
The Staff Accountant will work with the entire accounting staff on month-end closings, audit and oversee AP/AR using Lawson. budget/forecast and other projects as necessary. The main emphasis is a team concept, and the commitment to do what is needed to get the job done.
Duration: Temp to hire
Hours: 7-4 or 8-5
* Assist with month-end close process, monthly accruals, prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
* Oversee the activities of Accounts Payables, RNI, and provide support when needed.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure all balances are reconciled and contain appropriate supporting backup.
* Ensure bank reconciliations are completed monthly.
* Sales and Use Tax (self assess) and complete necessary documents.
* Fixed assets (CAPEX tracking, add and delete assets, assist with FA audits).
* Run daily, weekly and monthly SOX report and reviews with for compliance.
* Assist with raw material and quarterly physical inventories.
* Assist with requests/documentation related to external and internal audits.
* Prepare various tax filings.
* Work on ad hoc projects as directed.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance - Required
* Advanced Excel skills and Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, experience with ERP - Required
* Accounting experience necessary
o Month-end closings
o Monthly accruals
o Review journal entries
o Account reconciliations
o Bank reconciliations
o Use Tax
o Fixed assets (CAPEX tracking)
o Audit and oversee AP/AR
* Manufacturing, building materials or construction industry - Required for now
* Proven ability to develop relationships and to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
* Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity, and trust.
* Solid time management and organizational skills.
* Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
* Strong action orientation and drive for results.
* Strong oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
* The ability to deal with ambiguity and facilitate change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Staff Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.