Bookkeeper / Client Services
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for providing outsourced accounting services for clients. Depending on the individual client's need and structure, they may be supporting any number of different functions, such as General Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, or Accounts Receivable. The Bookkeeper may also have one or several clients to support simultaneously. The actual specific duties and responsibilities may vary from client to client but will generally parallel what a typical Accounting Clerk position would have for a similar-sized company in each specific industry. This position will report to a Client Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- General Accounting - maintain accounting books and records and maintain all subsidiary ledgers; record payroll and other general journal entries; reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements.
- Accounts Payable - creating, entering, and matching purchase orders; recording vendor invoices, preparing manual checks, weekly check runs, processing expense reports and periodic payroll processing.
- Accounts Receivable - sorting and matching checks and invoices; posting cash, check and credit card payments to the proper accounts; preparing bank deposit slips, recording cash receipt information, reviewing credit memos and/or refunds; applying adjustments to accounts as necessary; basic collection activities and reviewing A/R aging reports and gathering information on delinquent accounts.
- Organization - review, categorize and utilize data to prepare reports using QuickBooks Online, Excel and MS Word. Maintain records and files, including journal and general ledger documentation and other miscellaneous filings.
- Communication - interact with customers, vendors and client personnel via telephone, email and written correspondence to respond to inquiries and provide information. Prepare daily and weekly reports and schedules as required by client/management.
- QuickBooks Online - ProAdvisor preferred
- Associates Degree / Certification required; preferably in accounting or finance.
- 3 - 7 years of related work experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role.
Advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org