Ledgent is partnered with a great company looking to add a Cost Accountant to support the Accounting Manager!
the cost accountant will work in the accounting department of the company to prepare financial records, such as cost analyzes and monthly budget reports. A successful candidate has the excellent analytical skills necessary to manage vast amounts of numerical data to calculate profit margins and recommend ways for an organization to minimize its costs. They also will need a keen eye for details to update information regularly into accounting software programs and spot inaccuracies.
Keys to Hire:
- Collect and organize cost information into a database of expenses
- Construct systems to accumulate and monitor data
- Determine and calculate formulas for fixed and variable costs, such as rent, insurance, and monthly purchases
- Plan budgets and prepare reports for multiple departments within a company
- Review receipts and compare with actual charges to detect inaccuracies
- Project profit margins for upcoming quarters and analyze trends of highs and lows
- Prepare cost forecasts for monthly, quarterly, or annual operating schedules
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and recommend cost-effective improvements
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 5+ years of work experience as a cost accountant, analyst, or other relevant roles
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles and best practices
- Familiarity with accounting software programs, such as FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Computer literacy skills, especially with MS Excel and basic data entry and computation
- Analytical skills with a keen sense of organization and detail
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Respect for confidentiality of information laws and local ethics
- Expertise in activity-based costing for fixed and variable costs in relation to the overall direct cost of a line of products
- Bachelor's in accounting or related field
Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com