Date Posted: 7/27/2021Apply Now
Our client in Concord, Ma , a leader in high tech products in research is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their growing team in Concord. This is a new role due to the increase in work load.
The Senior Accountant will support the financial operations of the company including Balance Sheet and P&L for several business units, as well as analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports.
* Full responsibility for Balance Sheet and P&L for multiple business units including:
* Perform reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts in connection with the monthly close
Review P&L, explaining trends and variances and making accrual entries as necessary
* Assist in completing the monthly reporting packages
* Answer accounting and financial questions by research and interpretation of data
* Prepare Journal entries and reconciliations
* Weekly report submissions
* Adhere to strict deadlines
* Find innovative ways to improve efficiency
* File sales tax returns in multiple states
* Administer Company Credit Cards
* Serve as AP backup
* Prepare, analyze, and interpret financial information for non-financial management. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
* Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
* Maintain detailed support ledgers and documentation, such as fixed asset registers, and reconcile to ledger balances. Prepare work papers and schedules for statutory accounts, audits, and tax returns resolving issues for CPAs involved. Responsible for subsidiary tax payments and tax return filing; coordination of responses to tax queries from federal and state entities.
* Other duties as required
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance and 5+ years' experience in a related role or combination of education and experience required
* Experience filing sales tax returns in multiple states
* Experience with Accounts Payable
* MS Office - Excel experience Intermediate or Expert level required (including pivot tables and v-lookups)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Senior Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.