Our client, a local bank servicing the north shore is looking for a Senior Credit Analyst to join their team.
This individual would be reporting to the Credit Manager and will be performing a variety of written credit analysis, statement analysis, and reviewing loan documentation.
- The Senior Credit Analyst will Independently complete written analysis on complex credit requests from new and existing customers. The loans will be Commercial Business (C&I), Commercial Real Estate or Commercial Construction in nature. As part of the analysis, the senior credit analyst will analyze the general market and industry, the borrower's financial information to determine repayment ability, collateral support, and guarantor support. . The Senior credit analyst will meet independently with the loan officer to discuss issues, ask questions and follows-up with the borrower if necessary. The Senior Credit Analyst will also evaluate Bank risk, recommending approval or declination of the loan.
- Will review the credit quality of designated loans in the Bank's existing commercial loan portfolio. Examine loan documentation and updated financial information and examine trends in repayment ability, collateral support and guarantor support and communicate improvement or deterioration in credit quality and impact on Risk Ratings. The Senior Credit Analyst will perform abbreviated credit analysis on renewing loans.
- Will identify strengths and weaknesses with each credit and recommends appropriate risk ratings.
- Will provide direction and assistance to the Credit Analyst(s), manage the Credit Department pipeline and work with the CLO and Senior Credit Manager on projects as needed.
- Keep abreast of new developments and regulatory changes in the Credit and Lending fields. Attend courses and seminars deemed appropriate and reads topical literature.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience; business management, finance, accounting or economics preferred
- 5-7 years credit analysis experience, preferably in the Banking environment
- Leadership and supervisory experience demonstrated in prior work history
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with senior management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, ability to work in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with all types of commercial loan analyses
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org