Retail company hiring Accounts Payable Manager. Bonus!!
**Retail accounting experience highly preferred!
- Demonstrate a global understanding of accounting procedures from transaction to general ledger reporting.
- Manage, record, report, accounts payable accounts for all divisions of the company
- Approve daily AP transactions; invoices, wire transfers, ACH and EFT
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure the timely and accurate payment of company liabilities.
- Evaluate systems, processes and procedures; document, recommend and lead implementation of changes for efficiency gains.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of journal entries, month-end and year-end audit schedules.
- Ensure SOX compliance and the execution of all internal controls around the disbursement of cash including documentation, processes, and enforcement
- Responsible to research, analyze and resolve payment discrepancies with vendors.
- Identify, recommend and lead the implementation of solutions to system related issues
- Support other accounting functions as required.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide leadership and training to A/P team
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop team to perform with a high level of efficiency and accuracy.
- 5 years of leadership experience within accounting
- AA or Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or economics
- Proven ability to build and lead team
- Proficient with EDI processing and foreign currency
- Ensure SOX compliance
- Lead and oversee the general ledger, audit schedules, journal entries, and management reports
- Approve daily wire transfer, ACH and EFT activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com