Date Posted: 8/25/2021Apply Now
Our client in Waltham, Ma a snack food company is looking for an energetic and outgoing Director of Finance to join their growing team. This individual will have a passion for all aspects of accounting and finance. The individual will manage and coordinate all financial data and task and work directly with the COO, operations team, and external financial services partner. Our client is a dynamic startup company, and their culture is fast paced. Ideal individual must be outgoing, flexible, dedicated, and a go-getter!
* Primary Accounting Tasks - manage AP, AR, Reconciliation, Inventory and Payroll and month end Close
o Planning - strong planner with ability to easily change course if needed
o KPI's - manage and maintain the financial systems of the business and hold the
team accountable to goals. This includes cost of goods, marketing spend,
expenses, head count, fulfillment benchmarking and efficient use of capital.
o Forecasting - work with the financial services team to ensure that forecasting is
current according to the requirements of the operation.
o Analytics - strong emphasis on financial models, ad hoc analysis
and accounting reports to drive business decisions - the role will include
taking the lead on implementing BI solution that will be part of an ERP rollout in
* Tax planning and management - work with outside CPA firm to manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes including schedules and returns.
* Technology Stack - oversee all technology accounts, utilization, and budgets.
* Policies - develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems to
accommodate the rapid growth of the company.
* Reporting - manage the production and distribution of all financial reporting to the team
* Business or Accounting degree
* Minimum 3 years experience in a management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience in a high-growth DTC or CPG start-up
organization ($25M - 50M in annual revenue).
* DTC or CPG specific FP&A experience
* A passion for beautiful and functional spreadsheets.
* Fundraising Diligence - experience in the fundraising process, preparation of financial diligence reports.
* Experience preparing reports and analysis for Board of Directors meetings.
* Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
* Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict management and interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to communicate
* BI, ERP, OMS and WMS platform experience a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for applying to the Director of Finance position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.