Perm Accountant Role
M-F 8-5 PM
Hybrid Role, Waltham, Ma
Our client a leader in mission-driven housing is looking for an Accountant to join their team.
The accountant will report to both the Controller and CFO and be responsible for day-today accounting functions for multiple entities.
Accuracy and timeliness in the completion of the workload are required. Strong communication skills, good work ethic, and analytical thinking will help you thrive in this position.
The main responsibilities of the accountant:
- Accounts receivable functions ( billing, cash applications) for multiple projects
- Bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations
- Full-cycle accounts payable processing for multiple projects
- General ledger maintenance, book journal entries and close the books on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial statement analysis according to GAAP with variance reporting and prepare back-up schedules
- Preparing and assisting with audits
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Assist with any other projects as needed
- Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Working knowledge of Yardi accounting systems preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- High degree of personal integrity and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- A strong positive attitude, demonstrating the professionalism, and flexibility needed to attain company goals
- Must be capable of independent problem solving and teamwork
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org