Date Posted: 9/2/2021Apply Now
The Collections Specialist is responsible for the collection and clearing of past due balances on customer accounts. Each Collector is assigned a group of customers to monitor and will be responsible for finding creative means to effectively resolve problem accounts.
* Identifies collection targets by creating a 'hit list', this process includes the utilization of various accounts receivable aging reports available on demand for each collector.
* Duns late paying accounts by compiling and sending dunning letters and statements to the customer via email or postal service.
* Contacts customers to secure payment on open items, escalates collection contact within the customer's organization until payment or resolution is achieved.
* Negotiates settlement of disputed account balances.
* Reviews customer cash flow situation and formulates repayment plans.
* Contacts loading and unloading warehouses, truckers and other agents to obtain customer paperwork to prompt payment of open items.
* Coordinates credit activity with sales, customer service, pricing and operations departments.
* Recommends credit deadlines, after conferring with Sales, to customers who do not resolve past due balances.
**IN-OFFICE, M-F, Downtown Phoenix, by the airport**
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Collections Specialist - B2B position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.