Large non-profit organization located in Los Angeles is looking for a Junior Staff Accountant. While reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Junior Staff Accounting will be responsible for handling various accounts payable (A/P) duties. Responsibilities for the Junior Staff Accountant include A/P journal entries, account analysis, invoice coding, and account reconciliation. The Junior Staff Accountant will also review check requests, perform data entry, manage check runs, and process check disbursements. The Junior Staff Accountant will also handle various A/P inquiries from staff members and assist with various projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is extremely preferred.
- At least one year of general accounting experience - with a heavy A/P focus.
- Non-profit industry experience is a plus.
- Good systems and strong MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.) skills are important.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are also required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is essential.
- Multi-tasking skills are critical.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org