Newton, MA- ONSITE REQUIRED
Our client in Newton, MA is seeking to add a Development Accountant to their growing team.
This company specializes in mixed use properties including retail, housing, office spaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 10+ years' experience in bookkeeping
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting at Real Estate company
- Yardi and/or Sage (Timberline)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proactive, quick learner with a high attention to detail
- Process daily posting of checks for the corporate office and multiple real estate entities.
- Create and post corporate and tenant billings in accordance lease and contract documents.
- Reconcile tenant ledger account data, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist team members with the collection of past due balances.
- Process and post invoices and coordinate internal approvals for same.
- Perform check runs including the preparation and organization of entity batches, mailing of payments and coordination of any special handling requirements.
- Posting expense reclassifications.
- Responsible for coordinating the accounts payable vendor database, receipt of W-9s for all new vendors, and year-end generation of 1099s.
- Coordinate, organize and monitor the filing of back-up source documents for later retrieval.
General Accounting Support
- Provide input on operations processes, policies and procedures.
- Prepare various accounting reports and/or supporting schedules as requested.
- Assist in various accounting related organizational projects.
Legal & Development Support
- Research and compile city assessor information when requested.
- Organization, tracking and filing of annual reports and corporate agent fees for all entities.
- Assistance organizing documents on internal server.
-PTO with flexible Holidays
-Healthcare, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com