Date Posted: 6/9/2021Apply Now
Type: Direct Hire
Why is it open? Current payroll person is retiring and they need more structure in HR.
Interview Process: 2 interviews
* This candidate must have experience working with Union employees, this is by far the most important thing. They will not need Certified payroll experience, only multi state.
* They are in several states, and So if someone lives in Florida but worked in Texas this person has to know how to do the payroll properly for that. They system they use is Sage
* Must know payroll laws
* Will do AP for benefits -process union dues and send payment out (they work with over 30 different unions all over the country)
* The HR function they mentioned were working on the employee handbook (they will not do anything with recruiting, onboarding, terminations or anything like that)
* They will not need direct ee engagement since all employees are union and will have a rep to do that.
Medical, Dental, Vision - it's $300 a month for the employee to pay for themselves and family or if they don't use their benefits and can prove they have insurance elsewhere, they reimburse them $500 a month
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Payroll/HR Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.