The month end process includes but is not limited to ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of monthly operating expenses as well as financial statement submissions. A successful candidate will be focused on team goals, creating and establishing procedures, process improvement and skill development and training for themselves and staff.
The Accounting Manager's areas of responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Staff Management: Responsible for the day to day oversight and management of a staff of 2 Accountants - 1 Staff and 1 Senior. This includes review and approval of the staff:
- Account Reconciliations
- Journal Entries
- Intercompany Billings
- Journal Entries: Responsible for the creation and posting of both standard and non-standard monthly journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Intercompany Accounting: Responsible for the review and completeness of Inter Company invoices and vouchers, Recording related journal entries (FX and adjusting entries toward the end of the month). Reporting balances to parent company. Liaison between internal teams and counterparties to facilitate any accruals and to finalize reporting before deadline. Management of dispute resolution relating to Intercompany differences.
- Month End Close: Execute all month-end responsibilities within expected timelines. Update and maintain assigned monthly account reconciliations. This will include analysis and timely resolution of monthly variances.
- BPC Reporting: Prepare and submit all financial statements for brands. Review trial balances of brands for appropriate reporting accounts. Coordinate timing of monthly financial statement submissions for all brands. Respond to inquiries from management on monthly results.
- Internal Reporting: Respond to various requests from Operations and Finance partners. Pull vendor invoices and prepare monthly schedules. Prepare various ad-hoc analyses for Management.
- Accounting GL Team Support: Provide support for interim and annual audits, foreign subsidiary financial statement reporting, and parent company reporting requirements.
- Other Ad hoc Projects and Requests
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com