Our client in Woburn, Ma is looking for an Accountant with at least 3 years public accounting experience to join their team. Ideal candidate will have a CPA or CPA Candidate and experience with preparing tax returns and reviewing client financial statements. The accountant will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for the company and their clients as well as assist in the preparation of various tax filings.
Our client offers a competitive base salary along with attractive benefits, medical, dental and 401K
Duties and Responsibilities
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Computes, types, and mails monthly statements to customers.
- Designs, prepares, and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Prepares, examines, or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Research complex issues and provide solutions for our clients
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, funds received and disbursed, totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases, and computer printouts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reviews previous tax returns and financial documents to identify missing or incomplete information or documentation.
- Reviews all supplied financial information for accuracy.
- Uses the appropriate accounting software or system to prepare tax returns.
- Calculates taxes owed or refunds due to client; consults tax law publications for guidance on unusual situations.
- Maintains understanding and knowledge of changes in tax law by reading professional literature or attending tax seminars and training courses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal commutation skills
- In-depth knowledge of accounting processes and theory
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail integrity
- Experience with CCH Axcess Tax Software; ProSystem Engagement
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, Word, and QuickBooks
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required
- Master's degree in accounting or related field preferred
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- At least three years of public accounting experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org