Great company looking to add a Sr. Staff Accountant focusing on Financial Analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a position that is a blend of Accounting and Financial Analyst. You will assist with Reporting, Budget & Forecast, Audit, and Tax. This role will start as remote, but will eventually have a flex schedule going into the office. Must reside in San Diego!
- Support monthly financial reporting including but not limited to preparing various schedules: general ledger trial balance, account reconciliation status, and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for each subsidiary. Includes report generation and analysis.
- Prepare audit schedules as assigned; Prepare annual tax schedules utilizing final audit data.
- Support Audit Project Management and work directly with auditors.
- Support annual budget process including consolidation of budget inputs.
- Support forecast process including consolidation of inputs from business units and summary reporting.
- Will share reports with management/executives.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting position
- 3+ years at Staff Accountant or Sr Accountant level
- Financial services or nonprofit industries preferred
- Strong Financial Reporting Experience (Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, GL Trial Balance, Budget & Forecast)
- Public accounting is also preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Advanced user of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of a financial institution's accounting area, to be able to think creatively and assertively on such matters.
- Demonstrated capacity for independent judgment and sound decision making in a diverse and complex organizational environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com