The bookkeeper has the primary responsibility for the accurate recording of financial transactions for the resorts assigned, and for the organized maintenance of records and files.
- Reconciliation all bank accounts, notification of supervisor of any necessary action to be taken.
- Timely and accurate preparation of rental escrow statements as applicable.
- Preparation and posting of accurate journal entries for billings, cash receipts, payroll, interest, rentals, service charges, assets and liabilities and adjusting journal entries.
- Reviewing all work carefully before submitting it to the supervisor.
- Timely preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Verification of all balance sheet accounts and maintenance of auditors' schedules with appropriate documentation necessary to prove the current balances each month.
- Maintenance of all schedules and spreadsheets and keeping them current.
- Monitoring cash balances, ensuring sufficient cash to cover payroll and checks written, ensuring FDIC limits are not exceeded.
- Ensuring that all taxes are paid timely.
- Ensuring that vendor 1099's are prepared and mailed in a timely fashion to the appropriate vendors.
- Time management such that established deadlines are met.
- Adherence to all corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Active participation within the team assigned.
Other responsibilities which may or may not be assigned to other members of the team may include, but are not limited to:
- Review and posting of vendor invoices to the Accounts Payable system and timely payment of invoices.
- Filing of accounts payable, journals, and all documents according to policy.
- Preparation of bank deposits.
- Posting cash receipts.
- Preparation of special reports, research, and/or analyses as directed by supervisors and management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com