IMMEDIATE CONTRACT TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY $25-$30 per hour
We are working with a client in the New London area who has an immediate need for a Payroll Administrator to assist with the administration of their payroll process.
This will start as a contract to hire role through our organization and and we are offering a competitive pay.
- Prepare weekly funding of payroll taxes, including managing the wage and tax registers, reconciliations (periodic, quarterly and annual), and journal entries.
- Prepare and process full cycle, weekly payroll for the Corporate offices and other assigned properties.
- Verify employee records based on documentation provided by HR (personal action notices, time off slips, etc.).
- Maintain employee tax and direct deposit settings.
- Reconcile and submit funding requests for payroll taxes, direct deposits, 401K and benefits spending account deductions.
- Entry and reconciliation of imputed earnings and benefits including; auto allowances, group term life insurance, disability insurance, fringe benefits, etc.
- Maintain supporting documentation for all employee related changes and periodic payroll reports in accordance with department and company guidelines.
- Manage sick pay data including validation, processing and related reporting.
- Coordinate with HR to correct any employee record issues as needed and/or process adjustments as needed to maintain accuracy and prepare any required journal entries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations for payroll related general ledger accounts assigned, including vacation and payroll accruals.
- Assist with W2 preparation and distribution, year-end close processes, providing system support, reconciliations, audits, etc.
- Provide assistance to employees and field payroll team members as needed.
- A minimum of four 3+ years professional experience in Accounting or Payroll Administration including supervisory experience
- Bachelors Degree is preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll processes and procedures; including pay calculations, pre-tax and post-tax deductions and basic tax regulations.
- Experience with Sage HRMS, Midas/OPS and TimePro would be a plus
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with excellent time management skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively, in both remote and in-person environments.
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org