Payroll Tax Specialist Contract to Hire Opportunity! ** Fully Remote**
Contract Salary: $22-$28 per hour
Full Time Salary: $50-65k
- Work directly with the Payroll Tax Manager by being a subject matter expert on SAP payrolloperations and compliance and help identify issues.
- Work closely with tax authorities and third-party garnishment vendors to identify and consult onregulations and compliance issues.
- Assist with training and mentoring new team members.
- Timely response of tax and garnishment notices.
- Analyze and prepare reports for the Tax Manager.
- Tax Implementation: Participate in tax projects as new clients are onboarded including but notlimited to balancing converted data, testing, set up and other assigned duties.
- Assist in the resolution of low to escalated issues and document root cause.
- System Maintenance: Perform quality assurance testing of SUI tax rates and taxable wage basebefore updates are moved into the SAP production environment.
- System Maintenance: Update garnishment data in the SAP environment.
- Extract, import, and balance data for the payroll tax application.
- Prepare and assist in Federal, State, and Local filings and check payments on a weekly andmonthly basis for paper filings.
- Prepare and assist in Federal, State, and Local filings and ACH payments on a weekly andmonthly basis for electronic and magnetic media.
- Perform payroll tax reconciliations between SAP vs. ComplianceFactory and SAP vs. WorkLinkswhile documenting determinations of variances.
- Upload ACH files and positive pay check issue files for tax and garnishment payments.
- Monitor the bank account for positive pay exceptions, ACH rejects, and stop payments.
- Work with the client and the bank to initiate stop payments.
- Assist with the full cycle quarter-end process.
- Assist with the full cycle year-end process.
- Experience processing Payroll using SAP Software.
- Previous experience processing Canadian and US Payroll.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Payroll Tax Accountant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org