$ 60,000-80,000/yearly. Permanent role.
Position is currently remote with anticipation to be onsite in the future.
Client in Canton, MA is seeking a full charge Bookkeeper to join their Tax Department as soon as possible. Preferred candidates will have a professional services background with a CPA firm.
- Assist clients in performance of accounts receivable and payable functions
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts; prepare journal entries and cash disbursement records for entry into appropriate systems
- Analyze and summarize client information to prepare financial reports
- Prepare sales and use tax returns
- Interact with client staff to gain information, documents and data necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Educate and train clients in proper accounting techniques
- Assist clients with accounting functions remotely and at clients' offices when necessary
- Communicate client issues to supervisor, manager, or partner on the job
- Communicate with clients and clients' contacts including payroll companies, banks and vendors
- Assist and orient other firm staff members as needed in job preparation
- Develop individualized systems & relationships with clients based upon clients' needs
- Must be able to travel to local clients as needed
- Other special projects/tasks as required
- Detail oriented and improvement focused
- Ability to quickly learn various cloud-based software solutions
- Flexibility to change direction frequently between tasks and between different clients; ability to prioritize
- Solid organizational skills & ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on detail
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to recognize and protect confidential and sensitive information and exercise strict discretion when disseminating or sharing information
- Positive energy and professionalism on a daily basis
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to adjust style for the recipient/client
- Actions support the Core Values including "Culture of Helpfulness' and "Continuous Improvement'
- 7-10 years' bookkeeping experience
- Direct experience with Intacct, Deltek-Vision and/or Ajera preferred but not required
- QuickBooks experience required
- 40 hours per week 830-530. Position is currently remote with anticipation to go onsite in the future.
- 50+ hours during busy tax season is a must.
- Advanced MS Suite skills including Word, Excel and Outlook. Comfort and experience with workflow software systems
- Associates Degree preferred in finance or equivalent experience.
- Generous PTO package
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org