Date Posted: 2/22/2021Apply Now
Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills. To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or QuickBooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
* Providing support to the Accounting Department.
* Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
* Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
* Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
* Preparing financial reports.
* Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
* Associate's degree in related field with work experience.
* More education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.
* Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
* Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
* Familiarity with basic Accounting principles.
* Professional manner and strong ethical code.
* Ability to multi task and remain motivated and positive.
* Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Accounting Assistant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.