We are seeking a Real Estate Property Accountant to join our Team!
- Manages the day to day accounting activities of multiple properties / Commercial / Residential
- Calculates and enters monthly contract item accruals such as janitorial, security and utility expenses to match expenses to period incurred, and review trial balance for reversing of same entries in next accounting period.
- Calculates and enters rehab capitalization entry.
- Prepares balance sheet tie-out to balance the general ledger and commercial management systems.
- Prepares Preview Statements and distributes to field to ensure following month's recurring charges and past due charges are accurate.
- Calculates and records appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, and leasing commissions.
- 3 + years of general Accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- Real estate experience preferred.
- Software Experience, Yardi, MRI, Advanced Excel
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software systems.
Wonderful company, Full Benefits, Working Remotely *
This position will be remote until further notice
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org