The Assistant Controller's primary responsibilities are the preparation of the consolidated financial statements; establishing, maintaining, and documenting internal controls, development of company policies and processes and implementation of new accounting guidance. This role serves as a liaison to external and internal auditors; serving as the Finance lead on system implementations and upgrades. A successful candidate in this position is a seasoned professional who possesses strong accounting skills, great ability to communicate and present financial information.
- Manage and review work performed to account for balance sheet and income statement accounts related to cash, inventory, accounts receivable and bad debt, accounts payable, payroll, and revenue.
- Work with internal audit group to create and execute a plan to assess internal controls for the Company. This includes performing initial risk assessments and materiality determination in the planning phase, updating and documenting process flows (i.e. flowcharts) to identify risk and controls, performing initial and update testing to determine the design and operating effectiveness of the identified controls, and communicating results of work to accounting management, company executives, and the audit committee when appropriate.
- Meet with the internal and external auditors on a regular basis to review results of their procedures, manage outstanding request lists, and monitor their budget vs. actual progress throughout the audit.
- Lead implementation of a new finance/accounting system by researching and preparing an implementation strategy to ensure completion by required date and drive implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, Graduate degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA preferred
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the preparation of the consolidated financial statement; establishing and maintaining internal controls; documenting and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including working with internal auditors; experience working with external auditors on SOX compliance, requests, and general relationship management; experience developing company policies and processes; experience with accounting or finance system implementation
- Managerial skills with capabilities to delegate and motivate staff
- Proficient accounting, excel, writing skills, as well as strong analytical reasoning, planning and organization and time management skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com