Accounting Manager/Senior Supervisory Accountant
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Salary: 65K - 74K
- Manage accounting operations and support location goals.
- Provide leadership within a small office environment by collaborating and advising on important accounting, audit, and procedural matters related to job costing and other aspects of accounting.
- Daily interaction with clients requiring a high degree of service friendliness.
- Administer and monitor the annual budget to ensure expenses are within budgetary limits and the established financial goals.
- Answer vendor inquiries and research account payable discrepancies.
- Create and review budgets for accuracy with managers.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule, daily treasury functions, daily financial activity functions and reconciliation, and client billing and collection.
- Develop analytical reports for distribution to senior management.
- Maintain accurate financial dat
- Prepare sales tax returns and process credit applications.
- Manage and maintain general ledger accounts.
- Verify and post details of business transactions to various accounts.
- Minimum of five years' experience in general ledger accounting, with majority in accounting and financial leadership/supervisory positions required.
- Prior hospitality industry experience preferred.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Quick Books and JD Edwards accounting software is highly desirable.
- Understanding of GAAP guidelines (general accepted accounting principles) as they apply to the position.
- Ability to understand financial analysis.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary analysis.
- Must have planning, problem-solving, decision-making, delegation, time management, supervisory and employee development skills.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent customer services skills and an ability to respond to the needs and requests of coworkers and clients.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards, attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate initiative--ability to think, work, and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Seniority Level
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org