PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior GL Accountant will support the monthly close process and the day-to-day accounting operations by ensuring that all financial records and transactions have been properly recorded and accurately reflect the accounting process and policies of the company.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Month-end close responsibilities include preparation of journal entries related to prepaid expenses, accruals, expense reports, clinical, payroll, debt, leases, and allocations.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, support quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Work closely with Avalara to oversee sales and use tax preparation and filings and new state registrations as needed.
- Assist Corporate Controller with cost accounting.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, company policies and SOX compliance in a 404B environment.
- Work with cross-functional teams to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues.
- Identify and implement process improvements, systems integrations, etc. for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP with minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Public accounting or audit experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with QAD is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines.
- Able to see the big picture and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com