The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is to contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency and obtain payment commitment. You will be required to operate in multiple capacities including collections, issue resolution and customer account reconciliation.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency on past due invoices
- Manage customer portfolio of focus customers primarily related to groups and larger volume dealers
- Daily collection calls while documenting all notes in financial system related to all customer conversations including emails and letters
- Aid Collections team with final balance customers that need a "second voice' in order to resolve an outstanding balance and avoid 3rd party collection agency placement
- Resolve balances over 91 days to keep up with quarterly aging bucket goals determined by Sr. Management team.
- Work with Collections team members to identify potential problems and help create a resolution.
- Email lockout letters/demand notices to unresponsive and past due customers
- Escalate and work directly with Sales Managers and Customer Success Managers to resolve any product or billing disputes resulting in past due AR balances.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable, Credit and/or Collections
- Proven capability to escalate, problem solve and work professionally with both internal and external customers
- Educates customers on their alternatives and the ramifications of their actions if invoices are not paid in a timely manner
- Negotiation skills - familiar with payment plans & how to negotiate and prepare them
- Ability to exhibit composure and confidence when dealing with stressful or high-pressure situations
- Works well in a challenging high growth environment that is constantly changing
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency with heavy excel
- A background in either finance or accounting
- Previous experience with large ERP
- Familiar with credit card transactions, processing, ACH and online payment portals
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org