Ledgent Finance and Accounting is part of the Roth Staffing family of Companies, which is one of the largest privately held staffing companies in the country. We are proud of being the only staffing company recognized with all of the industry's top awards- Best Staffing Firm to Work For, Best Staffing Firm to Temp For, and Best in Client Service. We get to create remarkable experiences every day.
Ledgent is seeking an Senior Staff Accountant to support our nonprofit client in Portland! The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, assisting with month-end close and audit preparation. This is a temporary opportunity for a minimum of 6 months, with the potential to go permanent.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PREREQUISITES AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Monthly posting of journal entries to the general ledger
- Account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure monthly close is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with preparation of financial statements
- Prepare and communicate budgets for grants and contracts
- Account analysis for both direct and indirect grants and contracts
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience, including nonprofit or a grant-funded environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skill with strong attention to details.
- Knowledge of GAAP, business principles, and governmental regulations.
- ERP and/or accounting software experience
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com