Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will provide entry-level AP, daily/monthly financial and accounting support.
The position will work closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as back up to the Accounts Payable Specialist to keep the department running smoothly.
- Process Vendor invoices daily.
- Set up new vendor accounts and manage vendor files.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable/Collections.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices and W-9 verification for new vendors.
- Maintain Vendor credit applications.
- Maintain retail certificates.
- Reconcile weekly/monthly deposits.
- Process, reconcile credit card payments and code to proper accounts.
- Post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
- Assist with financials statement analysis and review.
- Assist Controller with month-end closing process.
- Additional duties as assigned by Controller.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years professional experience in accounting and finance
- Multi-location experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude, and ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with management vendors.
- Able to work as a team player
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (preferred)
- General Ledger: 5 years (preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com