Due to the company's continued growth, they are looking for an experienced, hands-on temporary staff accountant to manage our additional accounting requirements. Must be energetic, ready to learn and expand knowledge, autonomous. Prior knowledge of Solomon is preferred, strong Excel skills. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor and is based in the Waltham, MA office.
In addition, the staff accountant will:
- Assist in month end/quarter end/year end closing by preparing and inputs journal entries
- Perform bank reconciliation on month basis to make sure all bank transactions are accurately entered;
- Run bank report on daily basis and make transfers per request
- Manage account receivable and payment collection for managed programs, enter check payment and returns to customer's account
- Prepare and analyze monthly aging report and liaise with Client services team for payment follow-up.
- Perform GL reconciliation and analyze any differences
- Support AP activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Follow company's established accounting processes, and implement accounting procedures if necessary
- Assist in internal and external audit
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as Staff Accountant with knowledge of Month-End Close procedure
- Prior Experience with Solomon (Microsoft Dynamic) would be a plus
- Strong Analytical and Excel skills
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com