Date Posted: 6/25/2020Apply Now
Our client in Woburn, Ma., a construction company is looking for a proactive senior accountant with strong technical, analytical, interpersonal and time management skills to join a growing specialty subcontractor's accounting department.
This position will require the ability to meet tight reporting deadlines in compliance with external and internal reporting requirements and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced but fun environment.
1. Generate and review the monthly AIA requisition process for multiple projects.
2. Obtain and review initial job set up costs to ensure that SOV values in accounting software concur with GC and signed contract values.
3. Review the set-up of subcontractors in VP; which includes ensuring receipt of certificate of insurance and W-9 along with fully executed subcontract agreements, prior to start of project.
4. Coordinate enrollment in OCIP and CCIP programs per contract requirements.
5. Process purchase orders in VP.
6. Price, enter and review EWO's in accounting software.
7. Review GC approved change order to ensure that they are accurately reflected in our billing process.
8. Prepare weekly management reports for PM's review.
9. Process monthly or job close out projections in VP at PM direction.
10. Coordinate and collaborate with multiple PM's to ensure that internal accounting standards are being adhered to and facilitate a resolution for issues encountered.
11. Assist with internal and external audits, including Union payroll and WC audits.
12. Work with the Controller to complete ad hoc analytics and special projects
13. Assist in the development and documentation of the internal controls process.
Qualifications: BS Accounting, three to five years of construction or audit experience preferred
Skills: Advanced Excel skills, construction accounting software experience, with job costing and general ledger experience preferred. Willingness to learn, ability to work well in a team environment, proactive/forward thinker, who is willing to step out of their comfort zone to progress professionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Sr Accountant position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.