Our client in Lawrence, Ma is looking for a temp to perm AP/AR specialist to report to the Accounting Manager.
He or she would be responsible for processing vendor related transactions with accuracy so payment may be made in a timely manner. Transactions include, but are not limited to: Purchase Orders, Vendor invoices, Credit Memos, Check Requests, Travel and Expense Reimbursements. Additional duties as follows:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Process Non-PO check requests.
- Process Purchase Orders or invoices with up to 100 plus line items.
- Cross-train to process EFT electronic and system check payments.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assists in month-end closing.
- Assist with year-end 1099-MISC tax compliance review and reporting.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all internal partners and external customers.
- Cross-train and performs functions within all areas of A/P and A/R.
- Post and apply payments to customer accounts within 24 hours of receipt
- Process checks for deposit;
- Communicate and follow up with customer on cash application discrepancies until resolution;
- Obtain and provides invoice copies and proofs of delivery for customers, as requested;
- Research and processes customer claims of invoice payment;
- Research and processes charge backs, returns and debits;
- Timely follow-up and reconciliation on unauthorized debits;
- Analyzes and research past due accounts to determine root cause of open receivables and determine and execute the best approach for timely and accurate resolution;
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives targeted to improve efficiency of collection process;
- Answer accounts receivable phone/email inquiries and follows up;
- Initiates and/or facilitates gathering of information used to support and recommend issuance of credit memos;
- Prepares monthly reporting on invoices > 30 days past due;
- Prepares and proposes quarterly Allowance for Bad Debt accrual;
- Assists with related special projects, as required;
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Accounts Payable/General Ledger systems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform data entry tasks required to enter information into Quickbooks accounting software.
- Must have strong work ethics with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Minimum 2 years of college degree, courses in accounting preferred.
- 3- 6 years of relevant accounts receivablepayable experience
- Experience with Quickbooks is preferred. Appfolio is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel using intermediate to advanced formulas
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8-5 PM
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org