The Jr. Staff Accountant performs complex accounting functions and reporting through the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
Requirements: Education and/or Experience
- Maintains responsibility for key Accounting functions (i.e. cash, investments, accounts receivable, prepaids, fixed assets, internally developed software, notes receivable, notes payable, leases, deferred rent, accounts payable, customer advances, accrued expenses, income taxes, rebates, payroll, etc.)
- Uses Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and controls that will prevent or reduce risk of potential misstatements or misappropriations
- Ensures timely reconciliation of all general ledger accounts that underlie the financial statements
- Assists in the budgeting process and ensures that a timely and accurate budget is produced and approved by leadership
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
- Assists in the monthly reporting process including compiling financials, identification of variances and packaging of final reports for leadership
- BA Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- 2 + years in an Accounting position supporting the G/L
- Advanced Excel
- Multiple ERP Accounting system experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.