Date Posted: 9/28/2020Apply Now
1. Full proactive ownership of the Accounts Payable role and its functions to achieve the following goals: Maintain clean AP agings, Ensure timely payments, Capture all discounts Avoid all interest and late charges, Avoid all on-hold situations, Facilitate and support the company via A/P from procurement to payment.
2. Manage vendor relationships to ensure optimal and timely processing of invoice activity and payments resulting in maximum savings for the company.
3. Minimize the frequency of incidents needing management involvement in order to resolve vendor relationship issues.
4. Responsible for processing, recording, posting, disbursing accounts payable transactions, including setup, maintenance, accrual, and reporting of underlying activity for all operations.
5. Back-up responsibility for Accounts Receivable (AR) functions as required.
6. Co-responsible with AR Specialist for incoming/outgoing mail and its distribution.
7. Special projects and other work as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
1. Setup and maintenance of Vendors in all accounting applications (currently MAS/Sage & Cargo Wise). Utilize attachment features for 1099 and other AP documents to maintain vendor files.
2. Matching inventory receivers with suppliers' invoices and Purchase Orders (PO).
3. Matching non-stock vendors' invoices to PO or ensuring approval by designated authorized personnel.
4. Standard AP matching, batching, coding, entering, posting, reconciling of transactions including validation via batch registers.
5. Schedule payment runs according to "due date' and ensure all prompt-pay discounts are taken.
6. Accurately maintain ACH Recipient list in bank website and execute funds transfer amongst bank accounts as approved by management.
7. Make payment runs as needed via auto/manual check, wire, transfer, ACH.
8. Prepare and post Transaction Journals (TJ) in MAS and Journal Entry (JE) in Cargo Wise to record intercompany (IC) transactions, including AP disbursements initiated by vendor direct debits, and/or company personnel. Prepare and post invoices, clear AR Aging and process intercompany entries for intercompany packaging and freight sales.
9. Ongoing maintenance of physical AP files: Open AP files containing all invoices currently listed on the AP aging, Paid vendor AP files that meet AP standards for completeness, backup, and audit quality, Open and unmatched receivers and invoices for research and timely reconciliation.
10. Proactively communicate with vendors to resolve AP issues and reconcile statements in order to avoid hold situations.
11. Proactively engage with departments and co-workers to resolve AP issues and reconcile statements.
12. Prepare list of monthly AP accruals to support month-end close.
13. Maintain compliance with IRS requirements regarding W-9, 1099, 1096 preparation and reporting.
14. Support and participate in compliance with CA Board of Equalization sales and use tax requirements, and audits.
15. Provide cross-functional coverage and support to all areas in accounting as required, specifically and not exclusively as follows: Collection effort on vendor credit balances, Cash receipts application during AR absences as needed, Other AR related activities as required.
16. Distribute incoming and outgoing daily mail from USPS as needed.
17. Participate in assigned telephone coverage group as a means to take a fair share of the phone answering duties for all departments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state a
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for applying to the Accounts Payable Specialist position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.