An established construction firm in Sacramento is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their growing team. This Payroll Specialist will be responsible for:
- Receive timecards, weekly, from remote field employees and from offices. Follow up as needed.
- Review timecards for accuracy, completeness and proper coding.
- Follow up with employees expeditiously and professionally to resolve issues of accuracy and completeness.
- Enter time, weekly, into accounting/job costing software generating weekly paychecks by designated deadline.
- Ensure accuracy and weekly submission of certified payroll.
- Support Accounting Department by applying basic knowledge of general accounting clerical duties
- Ensure compliance with all prevailing wage laws according to Davis-Bacon Act (prevailing wages) and California DIR (Department of Industrial Relations).
- Requires extensive coordination and interface with all departments and personnel, including temporary labor agencies. * Responsible to ensure prevailing wage compliance with all public works projects; review and audit certified payroll and compliance documentation analyze data, create reports. Also responsible for apprenticeship program compliance.
- The position will interface with clients, awarding agencies, contractors, federal and state agencies, labor compliance agencies.
- Entry on DIR website.
- Collection, coding and maintenance of daily logs will require analytical, cross reference and application of data and knowledge.
- Create compliance documentation for all public works projects. 1) Apprenticeship: provide advance notices for apprenticeship requirements, process required compliance documentation, liaison with apprenticeship offices including internal notifications of apprenticeship requests, tracking apprentice hours and monitoring pay grades accordingly.
- Compliance/ Certified Payroll Reporting (CPR): create fringe benefit statements; evaluate certified payroll reports for proper cash and fringe payments; submit or upload compliance documentation to Federal, State, or LCP (Labor Compliance Programs) agencies. Prepare and respond to audit and/or compliance requests to provide compliance documents, wage and fringe proof of payments.
- Subcontractor ASI liaison: Prepare subcontractor requirements, including receiving, reviewing and auditing CPRs and compliance documentation. Enforcement of penalties if subcontractor is non-compliant.
- Any and all reporting, filing, maintenance and data entry of all compliance related documentation, or any other duties assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.