Date Posted: 2/18/2020Apply Now
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to handle the day to day financial management at a manufacturing and distribution firm. This role is for someone who exhibits professionalism, high attention to detail, organizational skills, and intermediate level of Accounting experience.
Here's What You'll Do
· Full-cycle AR
· Full-cycle AP
· Prepare and post journal entries
· Responsible for subsidiary monthly close: This will include preparation of JE's, bank reconciliations, commissions calculations, royalty calculations, reserve analysis, accruals and supporting schedules, analysis and closing package for submission to Controller
· Prepare accrued expense schedules
· Complete general ledger and bank reconciliation
· Identify, investigate and analyze potential operational improvement
· Maintain and/or implement strong internal controls
· Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
· Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions
· calculates company expenses and fees
· Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
· Establishes prepares and monitors the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures, including account reconciliations and internal control systems.
· Answering and routing incoming calls, planning conference calls, managing the team
· Preparing executive correspondence for postal/electronic mail
Here's What You Bring to The Table
· BA degree preferred.
· 10 or more years of experience in Accounting
· Proficiency in utilizing QB
· Large ERP experience
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
· Proficiency in utilizing Excel creating pivot tables, v/h lookups.
· Adaptable, quick learner and a self-starter
· Able to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines
· Occasional overtime may be required.
· Strong Advanced Excel
· Ability to multitask, wear multiple hats, and work independently
· Valid US Work Authorization and successful background check required
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Thank you for applying to the Accounting Manager position. Your job application has been routed to the appropriate branch for consideration. Please make note of your Password, as you will need this if you are selected to move forward in the process. Your email address will most likely serve as your username.