We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to work under the direction of the Financial Manager, perform detailed and expedient research and reporting to support the activities of the Financial Analysis Section of the Finance Department. Work independently and efficiently when assigned projects that are separate from routine job tasks.
- Review and analyze monthly financial data from all areas of the Finance Department. Compile Information into monthly financial statistics reports and provide pertinent commentary and analysis.
- Create accounting entries (check requests and journal entries) in the Authority's accounting system.
- May be assigned non-routine research and/or analysis projects that require confidential handling.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by the CFO, Deputy CFO and/or Financial Manager
- Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments to prepare revenue balance statements and historical comparisons of departmental expenditures with requested appropriations.
- Retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc. Recommends actions that may be taken to improve financial results.
1. A Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
2. Intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office Programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
3. Familiarity with Accounting and Enterprise Resource Programs.
4. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently, multitask, manage deadlines, learn quickly, and adapt quickly to new priorities.
7. Use the Internet and other resources for research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.