Ledgent Finance & Accounting has multiple opportunities available for Collections Specialists on a temporary/temp-to-hire basis with 2-3 years of Collections experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Runs aging report on a weekly basis and places collection calls on delinquent accounts and reports on status.
- Record accurate and detailed notes on collection efforts
- Follows-up on outstanding account receivable issues in accordance with priority level.
- Handles and responds to customer calls/correspondence regarding accounts receivable, refunds or general accounting.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve disputed receivables
- Responsible for releasing "orders on hold' and "over the credit limit' holds
- Post COD payments and release orders
- Run credit card payments and post accordingly
- Make adjustments to invoices. Examples: Issue credits or additional billings when needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.