We are seeking a full-time Property Accountant to handle a portfolio of properties. The Property Accountant will be responsible for full-cycle accounting.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations
- Accurately performing monthly general ledger account analysis and balance sheets
- Exposure and knowledge of CAM, tax, and insurance reconciliations
- Analyze monthly financial statements and can effectively communicate budgets
- Electronic Banking & Bank Reconciliations
- Internal/External year-end tax audit experience
- Budget preparation
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's in accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of property accounting experience in retail or commercial
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organization and problem-solving and skills
- The ability to maintain accuracy and balance it with timeliness.
- An independent self-starter able to think on their feet.
- Yardi or MRI experience preferred, or experience working in other property management financial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.