The Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist is responsible for contacting commercial accounts in order to negotiate payment in full, settlements or payment arrangements on aged or high balance commercial debt, while following federal, state, and client collection guidelines and laws.
- Conduct business to business collections of select clients; contact delinquent clients to discuss open invoices and get resolution.
- Maintain monthly statements.
- Document all collection activities in collection software system.
- Review requests for proper documentation and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable
- Fast and accurate data entry
- Monitor account files to ensure aging remains current
- Month-end reporting
- High school diploma or equivalent plus some continued education - Associates degree highly preferred
- Commercial collections and accounts receivable work experience.
- Stable and progressive work history.
- Customer service oriented with strength in building relationships.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal communication and listening skills.
- Technical proficiency in Excel and use of accounting programs such as QuickBooks
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.