Ledgent is currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to help with a 3-month long project in Atlanta, Georgia. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for assisting with year-end payroll and tax reconciliations. The position is temporary and will start immediately and finish at the end of January 2020.
- Collect information on the working hours of each employee
- Determine the right payroll amount by calculating overtime, bonuses etc.
- Prepare payroll payments and ensure payroll funding is in place
- Ask for confirmation of suggested payments from senior management
- Handle and process and execute payments and paychecks
- Prepare and process statements of payment
- Prepare and execute taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Prepare periodic payroll reconciliation and submit reports to the payroll manager for review
- Previous working experience as a Payroll Specialist for 3+ years
- BSc/BA in accounting/business or similar relevant field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting principles and payroll best practices
- Hands-on experience with relevant software (e.g. Kronos, Payforce, SAP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.