Come join our amazing team for a chance to work with a company that offers top notch quality, a collaborative and driven group, and numerous opportunities to develop your skills and career. We are passionate about what we do and reward those who feel the same.
We currently have an opportunity for a Property Accountant in the Jupiter area. This position is responsible the financial reporting for all assigned properties with emphasis on account analysis, journal entries, and bank reconciliations in accordance with modified accrual basis of accounting.
- Cash Management Monitor properties cash position on a daily basis.
- Reconcile monthly bank and mortgage statements for cash and escrow accounts.
- Review and approve tenant billings, chargebacks, and any other necessary adjustments.
- Confirm cash receipts on all tenants who pay their rent and CAM via ACH.
- Cash Disbursements Review invoices for proper account coding and approval.
- Approve invoices for payment based on property cash flow.
- Ensure all mortgages, real estate tax bills, insurance bills, and ground lease payments are paid timely.
- Assist the Asset Manager in processing quarterly distributions.
- Monthly Reporting Maintain a complete and accurate set of accounting work papers for each assigned property.
- Review and reconcile G/L accounts.
- Prepare and post necessary journal entries to maintain complete and accurate books for assigned properties.
- Complete month end close for assigned properties.
- Record all necessary accruals within 5 business days following the last day of the month.
- Work with Property Managers to develop budget variance explanations.
- Prepare monthly financial package as required by the management agreement or owner of the assigned property.
- Budgets/Operating Expenses Assist Property Managers in the preparation of the annual property budget.
- Create reforecast budgets for all assigned properties.
- When applicable, calculate allowable gross-up numbers for the budgets.
- Review budgets and comments provided by the Property Managers for accuracy and completeness. Load budget detail into Kardin/Yardi.
- Assist the Property Mangers in completing annual operating expense reconciliations timely and accurately.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience in real estate industry/related activities.
- Experience with Excel required.
- Experience with Yardi and Kardin preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.