We are seeking a dynamic Payroll Accountant for a thriving company. The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for payroll processing and distribution, and collaborating with Human Resources in remaining compliant with California labor laws. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Compliant and timely processing of payroll for 350+ employees
- Preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports
- Processing of garnishments, withholdings, etc.
- Enter, post, and reconcile payroll entries
- Research and resolve payroll issues
- Interpret new laws impacting payroll practices and processes
- Ensure all payroll records are in compliance with statutory requirements
- Tracking of paid time off and accruals
- Managing W-2 process
- Three or more years of experience in processing
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll laws, calculations, and accounting principles
- Experience with third-party payroll provider
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.