Monday-Friday; 8 AM- 5 PM
We are seeking an experienced project accountant in the construction industry to perform a variety of complex accounting tasks including all accounts receivable and payable activities. This position works with the accounting team to support the day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Preparation of all AIA contract billings and all associated customer specific paperwork including review and processing of change orders
- Preparation of time and material billings and all related activities.
- Assist with collection of Accounts Receivable invoices including preparation of monthly customer statements
- Coordinate and track all progress payments to ensure timely payments; process cash receipts and follow up on any payment discrepancies
- Maintain WIP (Work in Progress) Report and work with project managers to ensure timely and accurate billing for all projects and timely closing of projects upon completion
- Review of all contracts to ensure proper system set up for billing instructions and other issues as necessary
- Preparation of all waivers of lien and affidavits including the collection of any supplier waivers
- Preparation of ad hoc reporting for change order tracking, billing and other job cost analyses.
- Preparation of certified payroll reports
- Management of employee files including new hire, changes and termination
- Support for special projects within accounting department including payroll, accounts payable and other projects as assigned.
- Assist in additional related tasks as assigned to support the day to day work flow of the accounting department
- Minimum of 5 years construction accounting experience specifically with AIA contract, time, material billing
- Construction administration experience with sufficient understanding of industry practices, terminology and procedures
- Experience with job cost accounting procedures and reporting
- Ability to interpret and understand contract terms and conditions
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast paced work environment with very tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented and self starter
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.