Our client in Woburn, Ma. a Specialty Pharmaceutical firm, is looking for a Cost Accountant for their headquarters in Woburn, MA.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Maintaining an expense database and analyzing data collected
- Analyzing changes in operations, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports on profit margins by products
- Analyzing new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Creating and maintaining Cost Accounting Model
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Maintain calculation of overhead costs as required by GAAP
- Conduct physical inventory audits and monitors cycle count program
- Assist in investigation and reconciliation of Inventory cycle counting variances
- Minimum of 5-7 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment; Pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
This is a permanent opportunity with salary commensurate upon experience!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.