Our client in Woburn, Ma. a specialty Pharmaceutical company is looking for both a junior level and senior level Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and will successfully coordinate accounting functions across a range of departments. The successful candidate will have a well-rounded background working in small to medium sized businesses, a "can-do' professional attitude, and desire to exceed expectations and maintain confidentiality. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in using and developing skills across a wide range of accounting functions who is detail oriented, has a high level of integrity and dependability, and a strong sense of urgency. The Staff Accountant will play a critical role in assisting the Controller in managing the day-to-day accounting of a fast growing pharmaceutical company that continues to enhance and expand its products. This is a tremendous opportunity for an emerging professional to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities will include:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills necessary for the position:
- Customer and Vendor maintenance in QuickBooks.
- Daily Customer invoicing.
- Maintenance of Accounts Receivable, including management of invoices and collections, producing statement of accounts, producing aging reports, follow-up on overdue accounts and account reconciliation.
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable, including issuance of purchase orders, processing of invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Recording of cash receipts and deposits.
- Assisting customers with order status inquiries.
- Assisting the Controller with Monthly and Year End closing tasks including the preparation of work papers and supporting documentation for Audits, Financial Statements and other reports.
- Assisting the Controller in various projects as needed.
- Assisting the Controller with the inventory cycle count and reconciliations as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of prepaid and accrued expense schedules and reconciliation to monthly financials.
- Responsible for generating and distributing daily reports to the management team, including Sales Orders, Inventory and Sales.
- Assist Third Party Logistics Manager in the processing of Customer Product Returns with third party vendor and its reconciliation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 3-4 years accounting experience in a small to mid-size company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle exposure to sensitive information.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in data entry and analysis, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, including Excel and Word.
This is a permanent position with salary commensurate upon experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.