Role: Staff Accountant
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8a-5p
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant. As our Staff Accountant you will oversee: budget preparations; cash flow management, pay bills and maintain ledgers; prepare invoices for approval; code payables for accounts payable and receivable entries; make bank deposits and receipts of money; reconcile bank accounts and credit cards; assist in processing payroll and payroll reports; and create and maintain multiple reports for the firm.
This role requires a someone who is sharp-minded, eager to learn, takes ownership of their assignments, and is a pleasure to work with.
- Manage company cash flow and budgets, providing estimates/reports to outline the cash inflow and outflow at any given time.
- Oversee and manage accounts receivable process, including invoicing and aging of commission and miscellaneous payments.
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable process, including vendor ledgers and draws/advances.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll and code salaries to correct general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, reviews, reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts providing reports to management.
- Manage and reconcile credit card accounts, reviewing receipts promptly to ensure accurate classification of expenses, and making payments on time.
- Perform routine reconciliation of multiple bank accounts efficiently and accurately Prepare balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, ad hoc reports, and other financial accounting statements.
- Develop or assist with developing procedures to improve accounting policies, segregation of duties, and departmental workflows.
- Prepare and gather sales tax data for out of state market(s).
- Manage and cross-train accounting clerk to provide support on critical job functions.
- Collaborate with staff to resolve matters relating to financial reporting and audit processes.
- Run month-end, quarterly, and fiscal year-end close, in addition to 1099 preparation/distributions, and other duties as needed.
- 3-5 years of related Accounting experience required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of QuickBooks desktop required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively using organization and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers, vendors, and brokers.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
- Inherent motivation to succeed and improve existing processes.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with